A college girlfriend asked me a few weeks ago if I had any use for two new bookcases. It seems she purchased them from IKEA in the summer, and her husband has not taken the time to put them together. Having waited what she thought was more than patiently, she took his credit card to Ethan Allan and bought herself pre-made bookcases and had them delivered. Snarky girl!
She knew that I have rarely met a book I didn't like or want to keep and could easily whip the bad boys together myself, she offered. I jumped at them, and thanked her profusely! The timing is perfect, as I have a real need for them in my office.
My office, or rather, my corner of the dining room in our quaint Cape Cod, needs bookcases. I am someone who needs organization to function, and a place for all the lesson plans and ideas and books for homeschooling. With the co-op, I need a place to keep all that information as well. And while a file cabinet works for most of it, there is just no way to use one for the plethora of books I use and reference while teaching a class.
Imagine the dreamy way I can now picture my room, with everything in it's space, and no milk crates piled in front of the windows. I'll be able to see the quarter-sawn oak of my dining room table instead of multiple piles of files. DH, having given me cash for our anniversary to clothes shop, will not be surprised when I spend it on adorable organizing bins and boxes that I will stack and label to my heart's delight. I shall splurge on extras, for those future classes, so that as I come across articles or ideas, I can merely pop them into a box that I will one day open like a gift. I'm just giddy thinking about it.
Honeygirl, while not fully recovered, is dying to get out of the house. The hour car ride to my girlfriend's house will be great for her. Since she was unable to take off work to coordinate a visit, I don't have to worry about spreading germs. It even stopped raining so my new bookcases won't get wet.
How exicted I am, then, to get them home and built, and start the transition. Now, if I can only find a sound proofing device to block out television noise from the living room whenever I wish, I'd be estatic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah!! Good for you..hope Honey feels better soon!!
Post a Comment