Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Countdown to Slowness...

I slept in this morning, and it was GLORIOUS. I won't even bemuse the fact that the dog woke me up a few times during the night to go out ; I think I am just enamoured with the idea of sleeping in. And today was the first of TWO whole weeks of doing so!



I have also begun the countdown for my evening job...working only tonight and tomorrow before having a week off from that as well. I will work for two weeks after the holidays, if the choose to need me after I give my notice to quit.



That's right folks...I am quitting the second part time job. I have taken my money /value lesson to heart. The money I earn does not nearly equal in value the worth of the time it takes away from me, from my family, from my ability to pursue things that bring me joy.

Most of all, I don't want to miss out on Honey's high school years. Fifteen is an awfully tough time for a young lady, and she is seeking my guidance. I don't want to be rushing through her education just to get it done, when she is wanting to slow down and explore concepts. I want she and her friends to be able to go to that late night movie or dance, and not worry about which junior driver will be trying to manage the slick roads.

Yep, all I want for Christmas is the joy of a slower pace in life. Hopefully Santa remembers that I have been a very good girl!


2 comments:

sarah said...

I hope your wish comes true :-)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the holiday!