Sunday, December 6, 2009

Glorious snow...

How full of the creative genius is the air in which these are generated! I should hardly admire more if real stars fell and lodged on my coat.
~Henry David Thoreau, 1856

We had our first snow of the year yesterday. I was working at the toy store when the first flakes began to fall. I barely made it an hour before I was out front, spinning in it like a child. Snow is a great panacea for my soul.

For now, I am off to enjoy it with a walk, as it is much better when one is OUT in it!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh, I love that quote! Enjoy your snow!

sarah said...

Oh how I envy you, we never have snow here. A white Christmas, all gold-lit from within, must be such a glory.

Sarah said...

We had snow as well and suddenly the Christmas spirit has arrived.