Yesterday was HoneyGirl's 15th Birthday. It is hard to believe that the years a flying by so quickly. Yet, I am blessed to see such amazing growth and maturity each and everyday. I am relishing each and every day that she is still at home!Both DH and I realized that the drama of the past weeks (years) has been tremendously unfair to Honey. She isn't a divisive factor in the home, yet has to sit by and watch in frustration as others choose to all around her.
She, KingBee and I had an amazing bonding night on Thursday, where she finally aired all her fears and anger in a safe place. It was both heart-breaking and heart warming to hear her open up to her father.
We both agreed that our family is more important than continuing to fight over the same issues . We want a peaceful home, and HoneyGirl deserves to not be subject to all of this.
We committed to giving Honey one huge gift for her birthday...a home without fighting. DH also gave her an early gift...Bamboo Fun. Its the coolest computer link drawing pad ever (although Staples was carrying it for $99 at hte time)
I then contacted one of her good friends to see if she could spend Saturday with us, and KingBee set out to find a surpise activity. ON her birthday morning, I made her a banner and set out the other gifts. When she woke , I got out hte waffle iron and made her favorite waffles.
We picked up her girlfriend and went shopping a bit. We came home to pick up the boys for the big surprise...indoor go cart racing. Only the girls raced in the junior division. The first race began with trepidation, until they figured out how both the course and cars worked. Then, they really began to pick up speed and confidence. They both had the best time of their lives!
(Buzz has played Speed Racer the day before, getting a huge speeding ticket and points. We decided he need to just watch the girls instead.)
We came home and ordered in chinese food, and they played rock band until very late.
Honey had a wonderful birthday, and we had a great day as a family unit. Here's to a new start!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a fun day, glad she was able to get the best birthday present we can give our children.
Happy birthday to your beautiful girl! It sounds like she is the spirit of peace in your family; I hope her wish comes true.
Sounds wonderful!! Happy birthday Honeygirl!!
Best wishes for a happy birthday! Awesome gifts, all the way around...
Happy Birthday, Honey! I am glad you both had a bonding night with KingBee -- it sounds like just what you needed.
Post a Comment