Saturday, September 26, 2009

Healing and Celebrating

This has been of both healing and celebrating. I turned inward for the majority of the week, focusing on my duties as a mom and teacher. HoneyGirl has been struggling with health issues, which peaked this past Tuesday at their worst. After a myriad of tests, we are now keeping her on a dairy free diet, and are seeing results.
We celebrated yesterday with our co-op's "Not Back to School" picnic. We had glorious weather, and over 80 folks turned out! It was an amazing pot luck meal, some great games for the kids. Most of all, it was a great time for the adults to visit and enjoy relaxing together. My heart was welling over, looking at so many homeschooled kids in *their* community, ages pre-K to high school grad (even a few alumni showed up late in the day--such a nice surprise!)

*I took most of my pictures using my film camera, but these are a few from my digital. Honeygirl is below left in hot pink and jeans, with her tell-tale long tresses.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Honey continues to heal. Great event photos! I so wish we had a similar hs community near us. You have created a wonderful space for those kids.

sarah said...

So fabulous! We have these too and they are always a tremendously heart-warming and encouraging start to the year.

Sarah said...

I'm so impressed by this incredible coop you have grown.

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful get-together. I'm glad you seem to have found an answer to Honey's problem and that she's healing.